Since 1927, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association celebrates Better Hearing and Speech Month each May. This month of awareness is a good time to analyze your own hearing and determine if you are one of the estimated 28 million Americans who have a hearing loss that can be treated. You may have a hearing loss if you:
• frequently ask people to repeat themselves
• often turn your ear toward a sound to hear it better
• understand people better when you wear your glasses or look directly at their faces
• lose your place in group conversations
• keep the volume on your radio or TV at a level that others say is too loud
• have pain or ringing in your ears
“People who see themselves in these statements should see an audiologist for a hearing test,” said audiologist (your name).
Audiologists can prescribe hearing aids and assistive listening devices, and they can teach people with hearing loss how to concentrate on hearing all sounds. Call 801-770-0801 during the month of May to schedule your free hearing health check up!