Just like every other electronic device, every once in a while, hearing aids can stop working. Here are a couple of things to check before you bring your aid in for service:
* Try putting in a new battery.
* Check that the battery is in the correct way
* If your hearing aid has a volume control, check that it is not turned down completely.
* Check that you have not switched it to the “T” setting (for loop listening) by accident.
* If your hearing aid has a programme button/switch, it may be on the wrong programme, or be muted.
* Take your hearing aid out and check that the ear mould or ear tip is not blocked with wax
* Check that the tubing is not twisted, squashed or spilt
If none of these quick fixes seems to solve the problem, please bring it into our office so that we can get your technology working for you as quickly as possible!