Improve Your Hearing to Keep Your Mind Sharp
Individuals with hearing loss are at an increased risk for developing cognitive decline and dementia. Today’s leading research finds that treating hearing loss is the single most modifiable way to reduce your risk of developing dementia. While your risk increases with the degree of hearing loss, it is important to note that even mild hearing loss can increase your risk by as much as 200%! If you or a loved one struggles to hear clearly, our audiology team can help reduce your risk of dementia in American Fork and Spanish Fork, UT.
Ask Yourself the Following Questions
- Is it difficult to hear a conversation when there is background noise such as when you’re in a restaurant?
- Are others asking you to turn down the TV or radio frequently?
- Do you have trouble following a conversation in the car?
- Do you find yourself guessing at words often, sometimes incorrectly?
- Are you uncomfortable in social situations because you are worried about hearing?
- Do you ask others to repeat themselves often?
- Is most of what you hear muffled and difficult to make out, even though it is loud enough?
- Are you cheating by reading lips or relying on situational context?
- Have multiple family members or friends approached you about your hearing?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, you’re not alone! Whether you suffer from slight or significant hearing loss, your cognitive abilities are likely to be adversely affected.
Our Team Is Here For You
According to recent evidence from Columbia University, there is hope in fighting dementia. Today's leading treatment options for restoring hearing can help to slow down or prevent the development of memory loss and dementia. Our full-service hearing clinics work to combat memory loss and dementia by staying at the forefront of modern hearing technology. At Timpanogos Hearing & Tinnitus, we are here to help you keep your mind sharp!
Learn More About the Link Between Dementia & Hearing Loss in the Reports Below
9 Tips To Reduce the Risk of Dementia
Seeing & Hearing
Watch the Video Below to Learn How Our Team Helped Restore Harold's Hearing
Harold - "I kept saying "what" all the time. Background noise isn't a problem. Go get it done, don't wait."
Learn More About Reducing Your Risk of Dementia in American Fork & Spanish Fork, UT
To experience our 5-star-rated hearing care, schedule your Complimentary New Patient Consultation today by calling (801) 763-0724 to reach our American Fork office or our Spanish Fork office. You may also click here for our convenient online form. Your appointment includes the following:
- Discuss Your Goals
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation
- Custom Treatment Plan
- Flexible Financing Discussion
During your appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our advanced treatments and technology, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us!