Hearing Aid Options
Advanced Solutions for Your Hearing Health
At Timpanogos Hearing & Tinnitus, we understand how extensively hearing loss can affect all areas of your life. That’s why we strive to provide our patients with the highest quality of hearing care and the latest treatment options available. We offer multiple types of hearing aids in American Fork, Spanish Fork, Highland, and Salem Hills, UT, in order to provide the best results for your specific needs. We also suggest options that fit your lifestyle, budget, and take the following into consideration:
- How long you waited to seek help
- How much hearing you have left (residual hearing)
- Whether or not your speech discrimination (word recognition ability) has been affected
- Your overall health
- How well you adapt to change
Keeping all of this in mind while offering treatment allows our audiologists to provide you with the best possible solution to your hearing loss. Learn more about our state-of-the-art hearing aids below.
Types of Hearing Aids
Receiver In Canal (RIC) – RIC or Open-Ear hearing aids are the newest design to reduce or eliminate the echo or “plugged up” feeling wearers can sometimes experience (referred to as the occlusion effect). This style is easy to wear and barely noticeable.
- Fits a large range of hearing loss
- Offers the greatest flexibility in programming
- Water-resistant and durable
- Most versions of RIC are rechargeable, so no changing batteries
- RIC models have the best connectivity to smartphones
Completely In Canal (CIC) – CIC micro-technology allows this type of hearing aid to be worn deep inside the ear canal. CICs are tiny and are virtually invisible when worn.
- Cosmetically desirable because they are tiny in size
- Programmed to have automatic or push-button settings
- Require good manual dexterity in order to place the hearing aid in the ears
In The Canal (ITC) – ITC hearing aids are smaller than the In-the-Ear style and are also custom made to fit the size and shape of your ear canal.
- Barely visible in the ear
- Easy to use with the telephone
- May not fit well in small ears
In The Ear (ITE) – ITE hearing aids are custom-made and fit comfortably inside the ear.
- Easy to insert into the ear because of its larger size
- Easy-to-operate larger features such as volume control
- Used to help mild to severe hearing loss.
Behind The Ear (BTE) – The BTE style sits behind the ear, while the amplified sound passes down a tube to a customized earmold that fits in your ear.
- Typically offers more power than a custom-made hearing aid
- Robust for active wears
- Suitable for all degrees of hearing loss
- Large, easy-to-use hearing aids that are consistently reliable
Invisible (Lyric) – Our invisible hearing aid option is the world’s smallest wireless hearing aid, making it possible for you to get the ultra-compact size you want and the better hearing you need.
- Completely discreet
- Custom-fit and positioned deep in the ear canal
- 24-hour wear
- Must be replaced in-office every 4-8 weeks
Did you know all our hearing aids come with a 60-Day No-Obligation Guarantee? Once you purchase your hearing aids from us, all services, batteries, and adjustments are covered, and you can return your hearing aids within 60 days for a full refund with no restocking fee!
Learn More About Our Hearing Aids in the Report Below
Watch the Video Below to Learn How Our Devices Helped Restore Stuart's Hearing
Stuart - "I was straining to listen and couldn't understand people. I was surprised how much more energy it gave me just to be able to hear."
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation for Hearing Aids in American Fork, Spanish Fork, Highland & Salem Hills, UT, Today
To experience our 5-star-rated hearing care, schedule your Complimentary New Patient Consultation today by calling (801) 763-0724 to reach our American Fork office or our Spanish Fork office. You may also click here for our convenient online form. Your appointment includes the following:
- Discuss Your Goals
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation
- Custom Treatment Plan
- Flexible Financing Discussion
During your appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our advanced treatments and technology, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us!